Organising a marquee can seem daunting at first as there is so much involved. I know of many planners who have turned bookings down because they are too nervous about the responsibility of marquee receptions. In 2017 I delivered a marquee reception webinar, this has now been fully updated and transferred into an online training product.
“My aim is to give you the confidence to organise a marquee for clients, having an understanding of common dilemmas you may encounter. I have been organising marquee events since I became a planner in 2002. I know the difficulties you can face and want to empower you to deal with them with confidence. I truly adore marquees and want to pass some of that passion and love onto you.” UKAWP Director Bernadette Chapman, owner of Dream Occasions and Marquee judge for TWIA.
At first glance having a ‘home wedding’ in the parents’ garden can seem like a good idea, less stressful and cheaper. The reality however is very different. It can be very stressful for all parties involved especially as so much could go wrong and YOU are the expert, you are there to solve any problems that occur. There is no venue manager to fall back on.
Please note: Throughout the course when using the term marquee we in fact mean all styles of temporary structures (tipis, yurts, tents etc.)
You Will Learn
- How to find sites if your client doesn’t have one
- Different types of structure available incl. permanent marquees
- How to conduct a site visit with a marquee company
- Layout options showing actual CAD examples
- Electricity / Generator requirements
- Caring for the needs of the caterer
- External suppliers necessary for a successful event
- Ensuring your budget is realistic, we will go over actual examples so you can see where the money goes
- Weather contingency
- Acknowledging stress families encounter from organising a reception at home
- Lighting options within a marquee
- The highs and lows of marquees, common problems you might encounter
- Advice on appropriate size for your numbers
- Handy checklist of what you need to organise
What Do I Get?
You will receive instant access to a this training by registering on our online training website
Included within the course is:
1) PDF booklet of course notes
2) Real quotations from past events
3) Real CAD drawings for marquees and Tipis
4) Audio training over a presentation
5) Marquee checklist
6) Expert Interviews
Bernadette Chapman was an incredibly experienced wedding planner from 2002-2018, she was well known for creating timeless classical weddings for clients through her planning company, Dream Occasions,. Over the years she planned and designed hundreds of celebrations with many logistically challenging marquees.
She is the original founder of the UKAWP after recognising a need for excellence in an unregulated industry. She is passionate about the wedding industry and empowering others to create the life and business they desire.
Since founding the UKAWP she has trained over 600 wedding planners, many of them among the top rated planners in the UK. She has seen the industry go through incredible changes since launching her own business. She knows how vital it is to be flexible in order to not just survive but thrive. She now also works with wedding businesses through her consultancy business Bernadette Chapman Consultancy
She is the co-author of “Wedding Planning for Dummies” (2014), a sought-after speaker at industry events and a judge for The Wedding Industry Awards.
Frequently Asked Questions
I hope through doing this mini course it will empower you to love marquees. Don't forget if you have any questions you can always message me.
DIRECTOR AND OWNER
01376 561 544 / 07939 215 531